A delicious low fat food, Suitable for vegetarians
Unit (free text)
Usage Other Text
This pack contains 20 servings
Preparation and Usage
Delicious and ideal for hot or cold puddings and desserts
Store in a cool dry place. Once opened keep in an airtight container.
Best before end: see top of pack
For more great recipe ideas, check out the Whitworths website at www.whitworths.co.uk
For more information & tempting recipes log on to: www.whitworths.co.uk
Whitworths range of products are at the highest quality from all over the world. They are selected and packed to meet our very demanding specifications. They are checked at every stage, both in the country of origin and here in the UK to ensure that they reach you in perfect condition. At Whitworths, our passion for quality ensures that you can enjoy the best taste every time.
If you have any questions or comments call: 01933 654340
Or write to us at:
Ground Rice Pudding
100g ground rice
1.2 litres semi skimmed milk
25g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C), Gas Mark 4.
2. Stir 100g of ground rice and 1.2 litres of semi-skimmed milk together in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Stir in 25g caster sugar and transfer to a large deep sided ovenproof dish, lightly greased with butter.
4. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a lightly browned skin has formed on the surface of the pudding.
1. Stir 100g of ground rice and 1.2 litres of semi-skimmed milk together in a medium sized non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
2. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Stir in 25g of caster sugar and serve immediately.
Tropical Rice Dessert
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
1x435g can crushed pineapple in juice
600ml semi-skimmed milk
50g Whitworths Ground Rice
25g caster sugar
50g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C), Gas Mark 4
2. Thoroughly drain the pineapple and distribute evenly over the base of a large oven proof dish.
3. Stir the semi-skimmed milk and ground rice together in a large saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in the caster sugar and half of the coconut and pour the rice pudding on top of the pineapple, bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the top of the dessert and bake for a further 20 minutes, until the coconut has turned a lovely toasted golden brown colour.
Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche mixed with a little orange zest.
Regulated Product Name
United Kingdom Packed In
Grams Unit (specific)
New Product Development
Final Product – Not NPD New Product Development
Calculated Nutrition Ordering
Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 Scheme
Nutrition (per 100g)
- May Contain Gluten