Dinner time – Pan Rolls, an English favourite, are a delight with any great soup. Followed by a light dessert.
– Refined flour 115 gm
– Eggs 1
– Milk 145 ml
– Salt 5 gm
– Mutton / beef / pork 500 gm
– Onions 55 gm
– Fresh dhania patha (coriander leaves) minced
– 1/2 teaspoon of haldi (if required)
– Salt to taste
– A piece ginger 3-5 gm
– Clarified butter 10 gm oil or ghee
– Breadcrumbs 115 gm
– Fat/refined oil/Ghee to fry
1. Boil mutton in just enough water till tender.
2. Mince mutton.
3. Chop onions fine.
4. Peel and grate ginger.
5. Heat fat in a large pan.
6. Saute onions and ginger.
7. Add meat, salt and pepper and haldi, (tumeric),dhania ( coriander) leaves and mix thoroughly.
8. Remove from fire and use as required.
1. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre, add the beaten yolk of egg and milk.
3. Beat well to form a smooth batter and let it stand for an hour.
4. Beat egg white stiff. Fold it into the batter and prepare pancakes.
5. Fill with prepared filling. Fold envelope fashion.
6. Dip in egg, coat with breadcrumbs and deep fry.
7. Serve hot, with any light soup. Some boiled vegetables and a bit of tomato or mustard sauce.
The rolls are easy to digest and can be followed by a light dessert of custard pudding, or fudge sweets or chocolate ice cream.